Shred's FIS certified Basher Ultimate ski racing helmet is extremely low profile, lightweight, super tough, and durable. It features Shred's patent pending RES, a rotational energy management technology that mimics the natural cushioning behavior of the fluid between the skull and the brain. This is the simplest, lightest, and thinnest solution to dissipate oblique forces from any direction. Combined with Casidion, a nanotechnology-based impact liner that is thinner and lighter and has a 40% improvement in impact energy reduction compared to traditional EPS helmet liners. The Shred Shield shell is designed with a freeride look and tapered forehead protection against gate impact. It features a soft comfort liner with Aegis Microbe Shielding for anti-bacterial and anti-odor action. It also comes with a Custom fit kit for a perfect fit and removable goggles buckle.
- CONSTRUCTION - Tapered Hard Shell with CASIDION Nanotech linear impact protection
- SAFETY STANDARDS - FIS RH 2013 / EN1077A (Europe snow hard ears) / ASTMF2040 (USA snow)
- MATERIAL - SHRED SHIELD toughened ABS, CASIDION Nanotech
- WEIGHT - 615g [S/M size]
- Multiple patents pending
- RES - Shred RES, Rotational Energy management System is a patent pending 360-degree flotation technology which helps reduce rotational accelerations to the head during impact by mimicking the natural cushioning behavior of the fluid between the skull and the brain. It is the simplest, lightest, and thinnest solution to dissipate oblique forces from any direction. RES consists of multiple floating contact points between the helmet liner and the foam padding
- CASIDION - Casidion is a nanotechnology-based impact liner that is thinner and lighter yet provides improved energy absorption in repeated impact situations. Its viscoelastic gas-filled particles respond to repeated hits up to 7 impacts per second. It provides 40% improvement in impact energy reduction absorbed and diverted away from the head compared to traditional EPS helmet liners
- SHRED SHIELD - The Shred Shield toughened ABS shell is designed with a freeride look and tapered forehead protection against gate impact
- AEGIS® MICROBE SHIELDING - Moisture wicking liner treated with anti-microbial and anti-odor Aegis® Microbe Shield®
- CUSTOM FIT KIT - An additional set of thicker pads and ear pieces allows you to fine tune the fit of your helmet with several combinations
- FIT - Designed and engineered to provide a perfect fit in each size size range through extensive field tests, research and data analysis
- BUCKLE - Quick release, tough and durable precision chinstrap buckle
- SL CHINGUARD - Full compatibility through Shred Bumper and Half Brain Chinguards
- FIS RH 2013 CONFORMITY STICKER
In The Box+-
Our Commitment to Quality
Our passion runs deep—and so does our experience. For proof, look no further than our products. They blend sophisticated materials, fresh technology, and exceptional engineering. And thanks to their unrivaled craftsmanship and deep commitment to quality, they’re built to last.
WE GIVE BACK
As a proud member of One Percent for the Planet, we donate one percent of all sales from our website to environmental initiatives. Through our commitment to One Percent for the Planet, we support Protect Our Winters and its efforts to combat climate change and educate the public about its effects. We’re far from perfect, but we’re working to reduce our environmental impact, improve the world around us, and inspire others to do the same. And thanks to the support you provide with each purchase, you’re helping expand our reach and magnify our ability to affect change.